Today for Fun Friday, I wanted to just talk about the blog for a few minutes. This post isn’t intended to be funny, or make you think, or even help encourage you, but it may help explain some of the things around here and also help you stay more connected.
I started this blog a little over a month ago and so far I have loved every minute of it. Some posts have obviously been more interesting than others, but I feel like I am consistently improving and getting better. My purpose for the blog continues to be to become a better writer and communicator. My goal is to create a community that includes more people than just some family members, New Life Church attenders, and facebook friends. I want the readership to grow and include people from all walks of life. I have very much enjoyed the reader feedback that you guys have given me. You are all very encouraging and that is one of the things that motivates me to keep going. So far I have had 31 posts, 77 comments and over 1500 total hits on the blog. The average post generates about 40-50 hits. I have had 2 days when I had over 150 hits – my largest traffic day was 168 hits in 1 day.
Just for fun, here are my top 5 favorite posts:
Now to discuss a couple of ways you can stay better connected for future posts. Most likely, you are reading this blog in 1 of the following 4 formats:
- http://www.mattriggins.wordpress.com on your normal internet provider
- Mobile Device
- RSS Reader
If you generally click over when I post a link on facebook or twitter – and you have enjoyed the posts so far – let me encourage you to do 1 of 2 things.
- Subscribe to receive the blog via email. As of now, 5 of you are signed up to receive my posts via email, so I thank you for that. If you would like to be added to the list, just enter your email address in the box in the upper left hand corner of this window. It’s completely safe and the only thing you will get emailed to you will be new posts, nothing else.
- Subscribe to receive the blog via RSS. If you’re unfamiliar with RSS, it stands for Really Simple Syndication. RSS can be confusing at first, but once you figure it out, it’s very nice, and ironically really simple. You can get the RSS link for this blog if you look up and to the right where it says “stay updated via RSS”. Then copy/paste that link into your RSS reader “add new link” window. If you get your email via Microsoft Outlook, it’s very simple to implement RSS through Outlook. I use this option for every blog I frequently read. Research this option a little and you’ll figure it out in no time.
I will continue to put links on facebook and twitter though.
If you like a post, or it encourages you, makes you think, or contains something that you would like to share with others – please repost on your facebook wall, retweet it, print it out, or email it to your friends. After all – every blogger desires that you do 3 things when visiting their site:
- Leave a comment (in the box below)
- Share with others (see the links at the bottom of each post)
- Subscribe to receive future posts
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Just so you are all aware – every comment is emailed to me, so although I may not respond directly in the comments section, I do read them ALL and it means a lot that you take the time to leave comment.
So thank you so much for choosing to read my blog. Ultimately, I hope you are encouraged as a result of stopping by here.
Have a great day, and a great weekend!